Sunday, August 16, 2009

Faithful Leadership

"I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his house, and he will minister before my anointed one always." (1 Samuel 2:35)

God is prophesying against the house of Eli because of their unfaithfulness and oppression of the Israelites. Despite their lack of obedience, God's Will will not be frustrated as He will raise up another who will walk in His ways.

I need to remain faithful in every area of my calling, reflecting God's heart and mind, if I am going to be entrusted with the leadership of His people (church). This reiterates what God has previously spoken to me from Zechariah 3:7, "If you walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house..."

Key Principles

  1. Call to faithfulness – every area of life (faithful in the little things)
  2. Reflect God’s heart & mind if we are to be entrusted with leadership of God’s people
  3. God will raise up another if I am unfaithful with my calling

No comments:

Post a Comment